Well-groomed and neatly shaped brows enhance your facial beauty. So, you need to have them shape from a good salon. But if you never have shaped or threaded your brows, there are some important things that you must know before you go for it.
First, you need to know which method can give you a perfect shape without damaging your skin. The generally preferred method is threading. It is an alternative to waxing. But it is less painful and very cheap. Also, it is not a time consuming process. You can feel safe if you are doing it for the first time as it is a hygienic process and it uses only a cotton thread.
Now it’s time to enlighten you with some tips and advices before you get your brows threaded:
• As it is your first time, you definitely want to be sure whether the salon where you have come has the best service or not. Always make sure that the salon is reputable and every stylist is trained properly. If they are not, they may break off the hairs instead of pulling them out from the follicles.
• Be open in discussing with your aesthetician about the shape and thickness that you want. If you have a picture of what type of shape you want for your brows, show that to the expert. Also, be honest and let them know if you use a special medication so that he/she will be able to do what is best for you.
• Do not put on eye make-up before you thread or go for eyebrow shaping. You must have a clean face so that the expert can see where he/she has to work on. Also, don’t put anything on your eyes just before the process is done. Wait for two hours so that the makeup doesn’t clog the open pores.
• If you think that you don’t need to re-shape your brows until they are all messy and dense again, this will be a mistake. So, keep going to the salon for touch-ups to have your brows perfectly shaped.
• You may notice your hairs growing above your skin after a week or so from the day you threaded your brows. Do not use razors to cut them at home. It will make the hair grow even thicker and can also lead to ingrown hairs. Do not wax or pluck. Rather, go to your aesthetician, and get it re-shaped.
• Get yourself prepared for the slight redness on your skin and consider it to be natural. Sometimes, there occur pink or red spots on your skin but, that never lasts more than an hour. So, there is nothing to worry.
• Lastly, talk to your expert while he/she is doing the job as it may help you to feel less pain. But do not talk much as that can distract the artist and he/she may do some mistakes.